If you've watched one of the TED Talks online, you know how interesting the short (less than 18 minutes) videos can be. Thousands of topics presented by experts from around the globe are covered in the videos.
In the March issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life, a magazine devoted to healthy living, there's a list of six TED Talks videos the magazine deems especially inspiring for those who yearn to be more joyful, kind, resilient and both passionate and compassionate. Click on the speaker's name below to view their talk.
1. Kelly McGonigal, a Stanford University psychologist, explains a study that illustrates the upside of tense times.
2. David Steindl-Rast, a Benedictine monk, shares his secret to living joyfully.
3. Shawn Achor, a researcher in positive psychology, talks about the business advantage of being happy.
4. Joseph Kim, a refugee from North Korea, discusses how even a small act of kindness can change someone's life.
5. Esther Perel, a relationship therapist, shares how happy couples keep the passion flowing in a long-term relationship.
6. Susan Cain, a negotiation expert, talks about the importance of alone time.